Friday, October 19, 2012

Flash Fiction Friday -- I know what I saw


Ghost Stories
Krisann Gentry

8:17am.
I was late. I ate my peanut butter toast faster as I can, but that is pretty hard, because peanut butter is sticky in my froat, so I had to get another glass of milk to eat it all, so I was still late.

8:19am.
Mom gave me a wipey and I cleared crumbs and peanut butter from my face. If I hurried, I could still make it to my bus on time. 

8:24am.
Mom buckled me into my booster seat and whispered stuff about missing the bus. She had to run back into the house because she forgotted things and her shoe broke. She is even faster than a race car sometimes.

8:32am.
We pulled up to the gate, but Mrs. Jensen has started kindergarten without me. I thought then that it was the worst day ever, but I had no idea what was waiting for me.

8:33am.
Mom smooshed my hair down with her spit again, and I hopped out of the car. She yelled something to me about coming back with the sheets, but she was driving away, so I couldn't hear her really good.

8:37am.
I ran straight here from the school. I'm so glad mom taught me where the police station was, for mergencies. The whole class was all turned to ghosts, sir. I don't know how, but they were. That's everything I saw. Don't let mom go back, or she'll be one too. Can you send the fire truck?



Want to make one of your own? Next week's prompt is "Creature Catalogue."





For Keri's story, click here.
For Jeannine's story, click here
For Jeffery's submission, click here.
For Esdras' story, click here
For Karlet's story, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment