Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Halvsies

When I was a kid, school didn't start until mid or late September. Everyone born in the Summer months wouldn't have a class party on their birthday, so the teachers' solution was to celebrate the half-birthday; the day you were born, six months later. Much to everyone's dismay, I am sure, we discovered that six months from my birthday, August 29th, is Leap Day.  My class birthday was grouped in with some other Summer oddballs, but happily, within my family, it became a sort of occasion growing up, to halfheartedly celebrate my half birthday every four years.

So here's to my half birthday and the end of a very productive and remarkable February. We managed to adhere to our February life plan pretty well, as well as celebrate Aaron's birthday over the course of two and a half weeks, spoiling him to no end. I finished Wuthering Heights and loved to experience and compare and contrast the most famous works of two of the Bronte sisters back to back.

We got half of our new shelf system I'd been dreaming of, so it's a great start. Also, Sbreaking development: sold the old broken washer and dryer and ordered new ones, arriving Monday. OH SNAP!


--MARCH--

Body:Continue ingesting mostly water/homemade desserts, and add daily stretches. It's time to bring my flexy back. Yeah.

Brain:
1. Read Around the World in 80 Days. I need something light and a bit quick; I'm feeling busier than ever!
2. Memorize a Classical Poem. So excited about this. Suggestions welcome.


Home: Time to plant this year's garden and get our patio cleared of clutter, organized, and back in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment